Food Town, Food People. Grimsby has one of the largest concentrations of food manufacturing, innovation, storage and distribution in Europe.
As ‘Europe’s Food Town’ we are the centre of the UK’s seafood industry and we have:
- around 500 food-related companies
- fully modernised Fish Market
- one of the largest concentration of cold storage facilities in Europe
- proven supply chain of specialist food sector service companies
- leadership in innovation food technology and research
- a ready and able workforce with a strong food culture
- Strong food traditions including European PGI recognition of Grimsby Traditionally Smoked Fish
Major companies already thriving here include:
- Young's Seafood – Europe’s leading seafood firm has three local production sites and is headquartered in Grimsby
- Country Style Foods - a modern craft bakery company that works closely with leading retailers and food service companies
- Hain Daniels Group - Manufacturers of chilled soups using the New Covent Garden Soup Company brand, supplying all major retailers
- Morrisons - Chose Grimsby as the location for their first fish processing facility and continue to expand
- Icelandic Seachill - Major Icelandic owned frozen and chilled seafood supplier, home to one of the UK's fastest growing food brands - Saucy Fish Co a UK "Cool Brand"
Humber Seafood Institute
The £5.6 million Humber Seafood Institute was the first of its kind to open in the UK and is home to the Seafish Industry Authority and Morrisons. The Institute provides incubation and managed workspace units; new product development kitchens; chemical and environmental laboratory facilities; and microbiological laboratories.
So, if you’re looking for the best location for:
- food processing and manufacturing
- food innovation and development
- food engineering and technology services
- food packaging and labelling
- cold storage and distribution facilities
North East Lincolnshire is the location of choice. Talk to us to find out how we can help you.