Immingham is the UK’s largest port by tonnage.
The Port of Immingham is the UK's largest port by tonnage handheld, and its deepwater location on the Humber Estuary provides exceptional access to the trade routes between the UK and Scandinavia, the Baltic states and mainline Europe, with links extending to North and South Amercia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East and Far East.
The port has seen dramatic expansion of facilities over the last 12 years with port operator, Associated British Ports investing almost £400 million to develop riverside terminals, unit load terminals, new specialist warehousing and cargo-handling equipment.
Port operations include:
- A number of unit load terminals
- General cargo liner services
- Worldwide grain and agribulk operations
- Oil terminal supporting local refineries
- Coal terminal supplying local power generators
- Biomass important as an integral part of the national biofuels logistics chain
Within the inner dock, accessible on a 24 hour basis via a lock, the port offers facilities for vessels up to 35,000 DWT, and riverside deep-water jetties handle vessels carrying up to 130,000 tonnes.
Development opportunities include:
- Heavy lift quays
- Land for wind turbine assembly
- Facilities for wind farm installation
- Operations and maintenance bases for the offshore wind industry
Cranage & Mechanical Handling Equipment
- 14 x Gottwald 100 tonnes mobile harbour cranes
- Tandem lift capacity up to maximum 150 tonnes
- 2 x 15 tonne electric rail mounted cranes on No2 berth
- 2 x Liebherr ship to shore cranes container gantry cranes
- 4 x Liebherr container gantry cranes for container stockyard
- 1 x 40 tonne mobile harbour crane
- 1 x Liebherr 944 Material handling machine
|Dock / Quay||Length (Max)||Beam (Max)||Draught (Max)||DWT (Max)|
|Humber International Terminal||289m||45m||12.8 - 14.2m||200,000|
|Eastern and Western Jetties||213m||No restriction||10.4m||50,000|
|Immingham Oil Terminal||366m||No restriction||13.1m||290,000|
|Immingham Bulk Terminal||303m||45m||14m||200,000|
|Immingham Gas Jetty||280m||No restriction||11m||50,000|
|Immingham Outer Harbour||240m||35m||11m||18,500|